100% of the proceeds for special $7.99 Chicken Shack Snack Plate and limited-edition socks will go to local food banks
Signal Hill, CA (Restaurant News Release) Today, family owned, award-winning barbeque destination, Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que, announces Day of Giving will take place on Sept. 27 with 100% of the proceeds of a special $7.99 Chicken Shack meal will be donated to local food banks.
The popular limited-time-only Chicken Shack menu returned to Lucille’s menu this summer and it was more popular than ever. This wonderful response by guests inspired the company to create a special meal with a gift of a limited-edition pair of socks and contribute the proceeds to local area food banks.
“Giving back to those in need is important to the Lucille’s family which includes our guests and all of our team members,” said Joan Hansen, Vice President of Marketing at Hofman Hospitality Group, the family-owned parent company of Lucille’s. “This Day of Giving effort allows us to come together and enjoy delicious food while doing good for the community.”
The $7.99 snack meal includes two Crispy Smoked Whole Chicken Wings, County Fair Corn Pudding, a small Pumpkin Crunch Pudding for dessert, Original Sidewalk Lemonade and Chicken Shack socks. The meal is available for dine-in only at all Lucille’s locations from 11am – 5pm on Tuesday, Sept. 27.
The Tustin, CA, Lucille’s will also host a special Day of Giving event from 11am – 1pm that will feature the Lucille’s on Wheels food truck, live music, a spin-to-win game with prizes, and an Instagram station with a gift card giveaway. The Tustin Lucille’s is located at 2550 Park Avenue.
The Lucille’s Chicken Shack menu will be available until November 9th and includes:
- Crispy Smoked Whole Chicken Wings – These impressive smoked whole chicken wings are rubbed with our signature dry rub, smoked, fried crispy and served with Alabama White sauce, Original BBQ sauce and celery.
- Bone-in Smoked Fried Chicken – Four-piece smoked chicken – thigh, leg, wing, and breast – are buttermilk-battered and fried crispy. Includes new County Fair Corn Pudding and fresh watermelon.
- Select from Southern Classic with Kool Aid® pickles and hot-honey glaze or Nashville Hot with bread & butter pickles, Texas toast and Alabama white sauce.
- Green Chicken Chili – Smoked pulled chicken, roasted corn, pinto beans, jack cheese, tomatillo, avocado and crema over white rice. Served with Smoked Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread.
- ‘Bama Chicken Salad Sandwich – Pulled smoked chicken, toasted pecans, natural dried blueberries, Alabama White sauce, applewood bacon, sliced tomato and baby lettuce on Texas toast.
- Nashville Hot Chicken Chopped Salad Crispy Nashville-style chicken tenders, chopped lettuce, cheddar cheese, comeback sauce, housemade Texas toast croutons and dill pickle dressing.
- Picnic Potato Salad – Classic housemade potato salad with celery, white onion, hard-cooked egg, and dressing.
- Southern Tomato Pie – A delicious blend of roasted tomatoes, Ritz® crackers, cheddar cheese, basil, parmesan
- County Fair Corn Pudding – Sweet and savory corn pudding topped with Lucille’s own apple butter and scallions.
- Orange Cream Pudding – It’s what you’ve been dreaming of! Silky orange cream pudding layered with ribbons of ‘Nilla Wafer® crumble and topped with fresh whipped cream.
- Cherry Condition Cocktail – Cruzan Aged White Rum, Mt. Gay Black Barrel Rum, Kool-Aid® syrup, Monin Almond and fresh lime juice served on the rocks with a Luxardo cherry.
During the month of August, Lucille’s raised more than $1,905 for local food banks by donating $1 for every Orange Cream Pudding sold. This amount will help food banks deliver more than more than 450 nutritious meals to those in need.
About Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que
Family-owned and -operated, Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que Restaurants offer award-winning savory Southern-style food at its 21 full-service restaurants throughout California, Arizona, and Nevada. Signature slow-smoked barbeque ribs and beef, flavorful appetizers, salads, burgers, sides, and desserts are served with a large helping of down-home Southern hospitality. Lucille’s restaurants are reminiscent of a Southern roadhouse with a distinctive Southern décor, and Flying Pig Lounges that serve spirits and a full menu. Visit https://www.lucillesbbq.com for more information.